This is your year - time to build that little kitchen garden you've been dreaming about. It doesn't have to be a major undertaking; with some guidelines and a few tips, you can keep things manageable.
In this informal class (bring your questions!), market grower and author Susie Middleton will cover the basics, from here to situate your garden and how big it should be, to what you should plant - and when! Bring a notebook.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Where should you locate your garden?
- How big should it be?
- Do you need raised beds?
- What kind of fencing do you need?
- Most importantly, what should you plant?
- Which veggies should you start from seed? And which veggies are best transplanted from starts you buy at a nursery?
- How can you tell which varieties are best for you/most prolific/tastiest?
- Should you plant all annuals or should perennials go in the mix?
- How can you plan for a garden that supplies you all season?